Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
artistry of the highest attainment
These familiar pieces and the immortal references to the past in my ears had no impact on me in the sense “this isn’t as good as…” I listened as if in the session booth myself. I actually listened to the orchestra too, as a collaboration, such was the pleasure it gave me—not something one cares so much in showpieces. I was there. Friedman is a joy!
Title: Erick Friedman plays Violin Showpieces
Artist(s): Erick Friedman
Conductor – Sir Malcolm Sargent
Engineer – Gordon Perry
Producer – Charles Gerhardt
Orchestra – London Symphony Orchestra
Recorded by RCA 1964 Transferred from a 15ips 2-track tape
Conductor – Walter Hendl
Engineer – Lewis Layton
Producer – Richard Mohr
Orchestra – Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Recorded by RCA 1962 Transferred from a 15ips 2-track tape
1. Sarasate - Zigeunerweisen Op. 20 8:23
2. Wieniawski - Légende 7:31
3. Saint-Saens - Havanasuite Op. 83 9:13
4. Paganini - Concerto No. 1 Op. 6 - Rondo, Allegro Spirituoso 8:26
5. Chausson - Poème Op. 25 14:39
6. Ravel - Tzigane 8:46
7. Saint-Saens - Introduction Et Rondo Capriccioso Op. 28 8:47
Total Time: 65:45