- Benjamin Britten Collection
- Texas Music Festival Orchestra - Mei-Ann Chen conducts - Tchaikovsky - Britten - Françaix - Stravinsky
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
Surround sound at its finest
Another HDTT surround spectacular. The sound is amazing and TRULY captures the sound of the hall, unlike most of the "Big Company" classical recordings that have just about nothing coming from the rear channels! Highly recommended.
Title: Tchaikovsky – Romeo and Juliet Overture-fantasy
Britten – Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra
(Aka “Variations and Fugue on a Theme of Henry Purcell”)
Françaix – Clarinet Concerto (Excerpts)
Stravinsky – Petrushka (1947)
Artist(s): Mei-Ann Chen, conductor - Texas Music Festival Orchestra
Recording Info: Recorded in 5.0 channel, 24 bit/192k sampling rate high-resolution digital
Producer and Recording Engineer: John Gladney Proffitt Recorded in public concert 25 June 2016 in the Moores Opera House, University of Houston.
1. Tchaikovsky – Romeo and Juliet Overture-fantasy 21:09
2. Britten – Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra 20:13
3. Françaix – Clarinet Concerto (Excerpts) 10:44
4. Stravinsky – Petrushka (1947) 37:50
Total TIme: 1:29:56